The knot in this wrapping is called Larks head.
Materials : You can use any material that suit your design, hemp, cotton and waxed cord is a good choice too.
- 1 No holed object in round shape (Stone, Gemstone, coin, ceramic, bead, etc.) : diameter around 2.5cm.(1 inch)
- 4 Cords ( waxed cord no.3 /1 mm. thick) which are;
2 holding cords: should be longer enough for your purpose, if you wanna make it a pendant it should be around in this picture, or you can leave more longer for making necklace.
tips* you can uncut the 2 connecting holding cord for make it hang for easy working.
- Arrange the two holding cord s vertically, place them wider than the depth of the stone, and Secure the top of holding cord by sticking the tape on your project board, or hang it with your feet finger
- Start the first knot at start point (picture 1).
- Bring both ends over the holding cords, heading downward.
- Both steps equal one Vertical Larks Head knot.
- Use the other working cord to make a Larks Head knot onto the right holding cord.
- The first half is tied over - under - over. the second tie is under - over - under.
- Cross the working cords again, right over left.
How to close the wrapping work
This technic is about bringing all cords to the back side of your work, Then cut and burn it on the same spot. So you cannot see the burnt spot on the front of your work.
- Work on the front side. Tie the end of holding cord(white) together with a Square Knot (no fillers). Make sure you pull them firmly.
- Then Tie the same square knot on the working cord which ended on front side too.
- Cut and burn the rest on the cord
- Flip the stone over, brings 2 holding cord on the front side to the back side, thread one cord around the knot on the back side
- Then Tie the square knot on the back side, Cut and burn it on same spot.
- Repeat the step 2 but work with the rest of 2 working cord, when bringing them to the back side, make then like a cross pattern.