This kind of wrapping technique is suitable for a round or flat things,
One of the eco friendly way to make a pendant from everything around you.
Choose the robe and grap some round thing and then Let's go!
** I usually use waxed cord becuase you can made the rest of the cord disappeared ea
sily, by burning it!**
2. Cut the working cord, the length should be more than 10 times to a perimeter of your stone
5. Fold working cord (one side short and one side long for working) and place it under the holding cords at start point.
6. Bring both ends over the holding cords, heading downward.Pass them under the folded area, pulling them firmly
7. Then Pass the working cord over the holding cord, and then under it.
8. Pass the working cord under the holding cord, and then over it again. You will see the knot called Larks Head Knot
9. Continue the same knot -- left then right-- continue this method until the length of your wrapping cover the stone's perimeter.
hi. 2 questions. What do you use to pin the string down while you are working? I live in Chiang Mai, do you know where I can find string?ReplyDelete
I have 1 nail on my working table, for hanging any work.Delete
Or you can hang it with your feet finger.
You can buy waxed cord in Warorot market at lookpud shop.
Greetings from Brazil.ReplyDelete
I'm having so much trouble trying to leave the right space between the two holding cords. Do you use just one nail to get it firm?
And else, do you need to adjust the gap between the knots after you finish? Because mine just keep on getting so messed up while I work.
For me I use just 1 nails to hold every cords together.Delete
But I saw some use knitting board to fix the gap space.
It is a bit difficult first time, so try to wrap an round or oval shape stone first. Because it need an equal gap.
I always check the gap with stone every 2-3 knots. Make sure that you fix the start point of the stone in same place.
After you finish 5-6 stone. It will be easier.
And for irregular shape stone, I always check every gaps, every knots, with the stone , because the gap is not same size but have to make bigger or smaller to fit the stone.
I try to make a tutorial about this problems as soon as possible, and will tell you later.
Thank you so much for all the tutorials!ReplyDelete
How much difference should there be between the shorter & longer strands? ThanksReplyDelete
From instruction number 4,Delete
The shrot strand length (pink)will be -- the length from starting point to the end of holding cord(blue) on the short side.
The longer strand is the rest of pink cord.
Hello.. how do you tighten it?ReplyDelete
I would like to know which braid you use for the necklace partReplyDelete
Bonsoir, un grand merci de France pour tout vos tutos.ReplyDelete
Vos créations sont magnifiques .
Thank you for the information. It was very helpful. If you want to buy Bobbiny Macrame 3mm , then visit our website.ReplyDelete