After you finish the wrapping, you can make the end to be pendant or necklace ( you need how long you want to make BEFORE you get started)
The knot in this wrapping is called Larks head and square knot.
You can use any material that suit your design, hemp, cotton and waxed cord is a good choice too.
- 2 working cords : measure the parameter of the things you wanna wrap, it should be more than 13 times of the parameter.
- 2 holding cords: should be longer enough for your purpose, if you wanna make it a pendant it should be around in this picture, or you can leave more longer for making necklace.
- 3 filler cords: the number of filler cords are depend on the thick of your things.
Arrange the 3 filler cords (white) and 2 working cords (brown) vertically, and secure the top of holding cord by sticking the tape on your project board, or hang it with your feet finger.
Start the first square knot
- Use the left working cord and curve it over both filler cords, heading right.
- Direct the right working cord over the left. Pass it under the two filler cords and out through the space on the left.
- Tighten the first half of the knot.
- Take the working cord that's now on the right and curve it over the fillers, heading left.
- Take the left working cord and pass it over the right one, under the fillers, and out through the space on the right. Tighten the Square Knot by pulling on the ends.
- Repeat one more square knot.
- Arrange 2 holding cords (grey) on left and right side.
- Start Folding the working cord and place it under the holding cord. Bring both ends over the holding cords, heading downward.
- Use the right working cord to make a Larks Head knot onto the right holding cord.
- The first half is tied over - under - over. the second tie is under - over - under.
- Cross the working cords again, right over left.
- Repeat the pattern (step1-4)
- After you tie a few more knots, check to see that the knots are the appropriate width for the stone or coin.the entire knot should be a little bit smaller to hold the stone firmly.
- The ends will be tied together at the top of the stone, so make sure the knotted design is balanced before you move on to the next step.
- Locate the ends of one HOLDING cord. Tie the ends together with a Square Knot (no fillers). Make sure you pull them firmly.
|extended stone wrapping technic|